The executive administrative assistant, as part of the Ropella administrative team, will be a highly motivated individual, who implements the administrative strategies, plans, procedures, and policies. The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator and strategic thinker who will help implement Ropella’s agenda and help achieve their ambitious goals. The executive administrative assistant works closely with the CAO, as well as other senior leaders.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Act as executive administrative assistant to the President, CEO and other key leaders, screening callers and arranging appointments, meetings and conferences as directed.
- Accept and verify all incoming deliveries and route appropriately.
- Provide administrative assistance to all staff in preparing and mailing mass marketing materials and routine newsletters as needed.
- Assist with delivery of documentation gifts to both clients and/or candidates via FedEx and/or other ground delivery services.
- Prepare reports as directed.
- Act as office manager and coordinator. As directed, supervise, train and evaluate other secretarial or clerical staff within the administrative department.
- Take notes at meetings, as required.
- Initiate correspondence on a variety of matters; format, create, produce and edit correspondence and other written materials.
- Operate office equipment including copiers, facsimile machines and computers; input and retrieve data and text; organize and maintain filing.
- Must have sound knowledge and ability in business correspondence and an ability to proofread for grammar, spelling and punctuation with a high degree of accuracy.
- Excellent memory and organizational ability, in order to set priorities, organize workload, handle multiple responsibilities and meet deadlines.
- Inventory all office supplies, paper supplies, groceries and misc. items and keep them stocked at all times.
- Must be a self-starter, think-on-your-feet, jack-of-all trades type of individual.
- Advanced functions can include:
Strong organizational skills, excellent Microsoft Outlook skills (E-mail & Calendar functions, Meeting scheduling etc.), comprehensive Microsoft Office Suite skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), solid verbal written communications skills, capable of working in a high pressure environment, ability to work independently, attention to details, polished professionalism in dealing with Executive and Upper level management, hard-working & conscientious, dependable, positive attitude, excellent phone skills – answering multiple phone lines, multi-tasking, excellent ability to keep promises and maintain confidentiality.
- At least two years of work experience in corporate communications, marketing communications, or a related field, preferably in a large organization. Expert knowledge of various communications media and tools, including: E-mailing software as well as Microsoft Outlook and Exchange; office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Acrobat). Keyboarding/ typing ability required (40 words per minute). Demonstrate knowledge and skills in project management methodologies, practices, and techniques/tools. Ability to handle press relations and public speaking engagements. Ability to interact effectively with staff, the media and the public. Must be a polished professional with a take charge attitude. Required upon hire to sign a non-compete agreement, a drug-free and tobacco-free workplace.