Environmental, Health and Safety Management is a critical field, overseeing protection for employees, customers and the environment and often leading a company’s sustainability efforts as well. Duties include ensuring that a company’s environmental, equipment and work processes meet industry and government standards. EHS personnel must be able to identify potentially hazardous materials, offer proactive steps to avoid problems and implement safety training programs for employees. Other assignments may include investigation of accidents, suggestions for alternative methods and materials, and oversight of safety in a wide variety of settings. A great deal of knowledge and insight into process safety is needed for this job, which may include preventing fires and accidental chemical releases, whether at plants or offshore facilities.
- Air emissions
- Air quality
- Biological materials inventory
- Chemical inventory
- Collection of possibly hazardous material
- Contaminated land and remediation
- Control points
- Emergency preparedness: evacuation etc.
- Emergency response: return to work etc.
- Employee safety training
- Energy use, safety
- Engineering controls
- Environmental protection, regulations (federal, state and local)
- Equipment malfunctions
- Exposure assessment
- Fire safety
- Government regulations: ISO 14001, OSHA etc.
- Hazards: Biological, chemical and radiological etc.
- Hazardous environments
- Industry standards: “Responsible Care” etc.
- Instruments: calorimeters, reactive screening devices etc.
- Job safety analysis
- Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
- Metal fatigue
- Occupational health, safety practices
- Plant security
- Preventive maintenance
- Process safety – fires, explosion, chemical releases etc.
- Raw materials, natural resources
- Risk management
- Water conservation, purity, safety etc.
- Waste management, byproducts
- Workplace safety best practices
- Workplace safety management practices
Look for our articles in EHS Today
and other industry publications..
With over 25 years as a top executive recruitment agency, Ropella is well-versed in the challenges companies face in their search to find highly qualified professionals. As talent acquisition specialists, we excel at attracting, recruiting and building relationships with potential candidates. Our executive search consultants stay abreast of current industry trends making Ropella a knowledgeable, efficient and effective partner for recruiting top chemical talent.
A proven executive search firm, Ropella is dedicated to helping companies gain a competitive advantage by providing customized and strategic talent solutions. We leverage our industry expertise, proprietary smart search system and global network to deliver exceptional results quickly for even the most challenging searches. Successful industry leaders count on Ropella to find the right talent to drive their business forward.