Michael A. (Mike) Goehring served as a Special Agent of the United States Secret Service for 21 years, with assignments in the Pittsburgh and Philadelphia Field Offices, the U.S. Secret Service Training Academy in Washington, D.C., and the Vice Presidential Protective Division in Washington, D.C. Mike’s many and varied assignments included protection of five U.S. Presidents. Mike served as a Protective Detail Supervisor for Presidential and Vice Presidential candidates and nominees, various heads of state, world leader and papal visits. After leaving the U.S. Secret Service, Mike served as an Inspector General Supervisory Agent for the United States Railroad Retirement Board. He also held a faculty position at Pensacola Christian College, teaching and developing criminal justice and psychology courses.
President Ronald Reagan, meet and greet with an international leader, exiting into the south lawn from white house for a press release.
- 1963 - Graduated from Butler Senior High School, Butler, PA
- 1963 to 1967 - US Navy, Electronics Technician
- 1967 to 1971 - Indiana University of Pennsylvania - BA, Criminology
- 1971 to 1992 – Senior Special Agent, US Secret Service
- Pittsburgh Field Office - Criminal Investigations, Protection and Protective Intelligence
- Washington, DC - Dignitary, Presidential & Vice Presidential Protection
- Office of Training - Instructor and Supervisor. Trained national and international command level law enforcement officials in Executive Protection
- Philadelphia Field Office - Criminal Investigations and Protection Supervisory Agent
- Substantial experience in a wide variety of assignments and responsibilities in executive protection, criminal investigation, training, security surveys, and special projects to include:
- Protection Detail Supervisor
- Organized Crime Strike Force Representative
- Training Instructor/Supervisory Training Agent
- Criminal Investigation Squad Leader
- Field Office Firearms and Physical Fitness Instructor
Vice Presidential Candidate Geraldine Ferraro arriving at the governor’s mansion in Alabama, visiting Governor Wallace. Detail Leader, primary responsibility was her, rest were engaged in the surrounding area.
- 1992 to 1994 - Asst. Special Agent In Charge, US Railroad Retirement Board, Inspector General, Philadelphia Field Office
- Supervised junior special agents in the investigation of fraud, waste and abuse of U.S. RRB programs.
- Assisted with the administration and management of agency programs and policies.
- Planned, directed and implemented training programs for agency personnel.
- Conducted internal audits and inspections of field offices.
- 1991 to 1994 - Liberty University - MA Counseling Psychology
- 1994 to 2001 - Faculty at Pensacola Christian College, Criminal Justice and Psychology Departments
Receiving thanks from President George H. W. Bush for keeping him safe, in Philadelphia
- 2001 to present - Co-owner/President, The Jericho Group
- Provide security assessments, security surveys, event security planning and logistics, security training and executive protection for various international corporations and organizations, to include GMAC, AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals, The Boston Pops, Hendrick's Motor Sports, Transportation Security Agency, Verizon, Lennon Security Corporation, Global Security Services, ThyssenKrupp Steel, Bayer Chemical and British Petroleum.
- Member/Deacon - Olive Baptist Church, Pensacola, FL
Tense situation with the pope as there was a radio call, possible gun protruding from a nearby window.
- National Active and Retired Federal Employees (NARFE)
- Federal Law Enforcement Officers Association (FLEOA)
- Association of Former Agents United States Secret Service
- Recipient of U.S. Treasury Department awards for exceptional service, USSS
Volunteer - Florida Disaster Relief & Streets and Lanes (feeding the hungry)
Married Barbara (Pile) 1970 - 2 children, 7 grandchildren
Teaching, grandchildren, classic cars, travel, reading, hunting & fishing
Senator Ted Kennedy, very tense situation within inner city Philadelphia, speaking to a very large crowd in an unfamiliar area/situation.