How do I eradicate negative stress for my team?
By Patrick Ropella Posted 02/13/2015
Stress in and of itself is not an entirely bad thing. Some types of stress actually help drive performance and result in extraordinary accomplishments. The problem occurs when stress becomes excessive. Use these tools to identify root causes of pressure and eliminate unhealthy stress:
- Help employees manage excessive workloads. Provide incentives, encouragement, and training to avoid burnout.
- Communicate thoroughly, ask for input, and use candid conversation to reduce fear and uncertainty.
- Provide flexibility for employees to design their schedules to fit their personal lives.
- Present change in terms of the opportunities and benefits it affords.
- Address concerns, seek improvements, and provide feedback to help diffuse speculation and negative energy.