How do I improve my management potential?
By Patrick Ropella Posted 02/13/2015
If you are serious about taking your career to the next level, create a performance management system for yourself. With a little organizational fortitude, you can obtain company-wide objectives while improving your own management potential.
- Work with your boss to establish mutually defined expectations for job performance.
- Assign specific, measurable goals to your job position and every project. Ask your boss to follow-up with you to help you remain accountable.
- Even superstars need coaching. Know where to turn for in-house or off-site training and formal mentoring programs.
- Treat mistakes as opportunities for learning.
- Prioritize responsibilities with your boss to avoid the age-old excuse of “I didn’t have enough time.”