How do I raise the caliber of performance in my organization?
By Patrick Ropella Posted 02/13/2015
Implement a performance management system to keep all systems in tune. Organizational effectiveness improves and components run smoothly by involving your employees in a systematic process.
- Meet with your managers at least once a week for no longer than 20 minutes.
- During weekly meetings, ask for updates on the best and worst things that happened the week before.
- Specifically ask your direct reports what they will need from you to be successful this week.
- Continually remind employees of the big picture and show how their actions directly affect the company’s success.
- Never ignore Murphy’s Law. Things can and will go wrong. Maximize the potential for success by anticipating problems and setting contingency plans.
- Implement reward systems that provide tangible incentives when employees achieve measurable results.