How to Find Highly Profitable Employees
By Patrick Ropella Posted 02/13/2015
How do I spot a high achiever?
Go beyond traditional hiring techniques such as resume review and interviews. Pay attention to behavioral traits typically linked to superior performance.
- Most top performing employees are “take charge” kinds of people. Ask the candidate to provide specific examples of where he or she went above and beyond the call of duty.
- Determine if the candidate is confrontational, has a positive self-image, and can focus clearly on goals and objectives.
- Find out how if the candidate finds alternate ways to succeed when faced with roadblocks.
- Look for functional product knowledge, comprehensive knowledge of the market or territory, or basic critical thinking skills.
- Top performers accept constructive criticism, deal with controversy, and understand that others can provide valuable ideas.
- Effective leaders are honest and have integrity. They work to develop other’s strengths, and show trust in the abilities of their co-workers and associates.