How To Find the Right Employer
By Patrick Ropella Posted 02/13/2015
How do I know if a company is an Employer of Choice?
Before accepting a job offer, make sure the hiring company is committed to standing apart from the crowd. Ask the following questions during your interview:
- Do you provide training opportunities? Employers that are committed to the success of their staff provide guidance, financial assistance, and follow-up support.
- What benefits are included? Choice employees often offer non-financial benefits including casual day, flex hours, and gym memberships.
- Do you participate in the community? An employer who makes efforts to make the world a better place will also be dedicated to improving the quality of life of their staff.
- Is work-life balance a priority? Programs such as telecommuting and vacation storage banks aid employees in finding balance.
- What is my role in the “big picture” of the company? A nurturing work environment values opinions and fosters creativity, which challenges employees to think and improve upon current processes.