Using Workplace Stress To Your Advantage
By Patrick Ropella Posted 02/13/2015
As an employee, how do I channel workplace stress to my advantage?
Statistics show that 40% of employees state that their jobs are stressful, and 25% view their job as the number one stressor in their life. Prevent yourself from becoming a statistic by incorporating these tools:
- Take a break during the day. Professionals need an occasional time-out to recharge their batteries.
- Ask for input. Even bad news is better than no news. Candid conversation will prevent yourself from drawing your own conclusions.
- Consider job sharing or telecommuting to prevent a strict 40-hour schedule from feeling like a prison sentence.
- Talk with employers about personal and professional goals so they can help plan your future together.
- Have some fun! Coordinate social interaction to balance the work.