What's more important: Skills or Attitude? "We hire for attitude and train for skills" is the motto of South West Airlines, and we think they're on to something great. Here at Ropella, we know the best team members are not necessarily those with the most credentials - they are the ones with great character and attitude.
- Humility At All Times
- Honesty To A Fault
- Hunger to Succeed
- Common Sense Smart
- Eager to Learn and Improve
A Great Ropella Employee Is:
- Well Organized
- Self Disciplined
- A Focused Listener
- A Sales Professional
- A Relationship Builder
- Interested In Mastering Work
I am focused on meeting client expectations and following directions from my direct supervisor.
- I will represent the Ropella Group professionally in a respectful manner in all areas of communication: emails, phone calls, and face to face meetings.
- I will protect our client’s corporate privacy and candidate’s personal information privacy.
- I will make every effort to address our clients' and candidates' needs and wants, while promoting a positive Ropella experience. I’m all about aligning expectations.
I conduct myself responsibly.
- I take ownership for my work, and will follow-up diligently with all assigned tasks and searches.
- I arrive to work on time, avoid distractions, and stay until work is completed.
- I provide timely notice about vacations.
- I follow the Ropella dress code.
- I hold in confidence all private Ropella Group information.
I recognize and reward the contributions of others.
- I treat everyone with respect.
- I support and recognize positive qualities of all members of the Ropella Group.
- I value the contributions of all members of the team regardless of job, role, or title.
- I recognize and encourage positive behaviors.
I passionately pursue excellent performance.
- I bring enthusiasm to and show that I enjoy the work I do.
- I perform my job with excellence.
- I seek out learning opportunities to enhance my skills and ability to serve.
- I share my knowledge with others.
- I follow all policies and procedures.
- I recognize change for improvement is necessary.
- I ask for help if a concern is beyond my knowledge, ability, or scope of authority.
I accept ownership of the organization’s success.
- I work towards Ropella Group’s financial success.
- I use resources (time, personnel, and equipment) wisely.
- I take personal responsibility for Ropella Group’s successful fulfillment of its mission and goals.
- I stay current with Ropella Group communications.
- I promote cooperation between departments/sites.
- I take the initiative in maintaining the cleanliness and safety of Ropella Group’s facilities.
I communicate effectively.
- I listen openly, and acknowledge others’ ideas and concerns in a respectful manner.
- When I have questions or concerns on issues, I present them directly to the individual in question and try to resolve it directly and professionally. If not resolved I then notify my direct supervisor. At no time do I pull others who are not involved into back office debates, backstabbing, or gossip.
Ropella Competes at the 25th Annual YMCA Corporate Cup Games
October 26, 2018
Last weekend, was the 25th annual YMCA Corporate Cup Games in Pensacola, and Ropella competed for the third time. We also made our strongest appearance yet – Second Place overall for the Small Company Division, and Fourth Place overall out of all participating companies! We were only three points off from first and third place overall finishes, and we all feel confident we will continue to improve going forwards.
Since it was the 25th iteration of the games, we decided to go with a Hunger Games Quarter Quell theme for our t-shirts and banner. The Mockingjay has been replaced by our Ropella eagle logo, and on the banner you can see me riding in the chariot, just like the tributes.
Of course, even though we all have competitive spirits, the most important take-away of events like this is to have fun and bond with our team. And we definitely had a great time! The picture compilation above shows our team working together and having fun throughout the day.
Ropella Tubing Trip
August 21, 2018
The latest adventure we at Ropella embarked upon was our first ever Ropella Tubing Trip down Blackwater River! We were worried when we woke up in the morning to rain, but the skies cleared up just in time for us to launch. It was a great day of sunshine, team building, and trusting one another – from giving assistance to teammates stuck in trenches to protecting our ever-important lunch, from keeping an eye out for snakes to making sure no one got left behind.
“If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.”
Spring Forward Event 2018
May 02, 2018
If you regularly follow Ropella, you know that we like to work hard and play hard. We engaged in both of these long-standing traditions last Friday with our Spring-Forward Event. Our morning was devoted to professional development. After lunch, it was all about fun (and competitive) team-building!
Images clockwise from top left: Communication presentation from a Ropella Client Partner; the men of Ropella playing Ultimate Frisbee; a game of Giant Kerplunk; and the Ropella team studiously listening to Sales & Marketing guru Dr. Bob Kimball’s presentation on Time Management.
April 18, 2018
Ropella Update: Last week, Jeff Bennett (VP Client Partnership Development; pictured at bottom) and Christian Hogue (Manager CPD; pictured in top right) traveled to Indianapolis, IN, for the 2018 American Coatings Show & Conference (ACS).
Jeff and Christian met with leaders across the industry, from small niche manufacturers to household names, though we noted that we were meeting with many more small-company executives than in years past. One Director of R&D from a concrete-color producer mentioned that there were more entrepreneurs at the show than ever before.
Even more telling, many of the executives we spoke to described record-breaking growth – divisional year-over-year growth of 10 to 20%. This rapid expansion is a great opportunity to build your relationship with an executive search partner like Ropella - and even consider Recruitment Process Outsourcing. By bringing in hiring experts to focus on building your team, you free yourself up to focus on higher-level strategic planning to sustain the growth you're currently experiencing.
My Nephew - Commander of the Presidential Helicopters
March 23, 2018
Patrick & Robbie Ropella Visit Madison & Chicago
March 14, 2018
This past week, Robbie and I were in Madison, WI, and Chicago, IL, practicing our work-life balance. This trip fulfilled both: visiting with Robbie’s family as well as attending several business meetings. Both are essential to Ropella’s core values; everything in life is about relationships, so we always find time for these relationship-building trips.
First we visited Hoffman Estates to meet with Tate & Lyle. T&L is the world’s leading sweetener company, committed to “helping [their] customers make food healthier and tastier.” The Ropella Group has a strong business partnership with T&L, and we look forward to strengthening this key relationship.
From there, Robbie and I headed to downtown Chicago, where we conducted career coaching sessions with corporate executives. (Our job is about much more than just “recruiting”. It’s not enough to fill positions – we want to ensure everyone we work with has the tools to be successful.)
The hiring game has changed a lot in the last year, and we educate our clients on what economic shifts we see taking hold. Executives are often surprised when they realize the scope of the talent war, and what competitive offers really look like in 2018. Do you need some direction? Give Ropella a call today!